Every Easter I’m reminded of the song I grew up singing at church, Because He Lives, have you heard it?
The chorus goes like this:
Because He lives, I can face tomorrow,
Because He lives, all fear is gone;
Because I know He holds the future,
And life is worth the living,
Just because He lives!
Today is special. For some, celebrated with egg hunts, baskets, candy, and chocolate bunnies. AND it’s SUPER DUPER SPECIAL because Jesus Christ is alive! We serve a living God.
Not only can we face tomorrow, as the chorus says, but we have GRACE! The free sovereign favor to the ill-deserving, the unconditional extravagant love toward a person who does not deserve it. «« I KNOW I fall into that category, do YOU? What a priceless gift!
ADDITIONALLY, because HE lives…
- We can face life :: “This is the day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.” Psalm 118:24
- We don’t have to worry :: “Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing?” Matthew 6:25
- We have hope :: “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” Philippians 4:13
- We can face death :: “For I am already being poured out as a drink offering, and the time of my departure has come. I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.” 2 Timothy 4:6-7
- We can face eternity :: “For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.” Romans 6:23
This is a short list of what is found through the death and resurrection of our Savior.
We are significantly blessed to be able to receive the priceless gift from our Heavenly Father, “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life.” John 3:16
Just because He lives. That is enough.