I is for: INSPIRE
We need inspiration — a “fire” — of some sort lit under us to keep us moving forward. It can be a small amount of inspiration, it doesn’t have to be revolutionary, that triggers us to take action.
The main sources of inspiration for me is through words.
- Single standing words such as BELIEVE. OVERCOME. SHINE. REST. and the one I’m unpacking REFINE, strike me.
- Words put together into phrases and quotes from others spur me.
- Hearing words crafted beautifully together forming lyrics to a song often touch my heart.
- The written word influences my thoughts, motivates me and nurtures my soul.
- Words spoken to me individually, one-on-one, or though a speaker, preacher, teacher, encourage me.
Nature inspires me, sunsets, large bodies of water, and beautiful flowers. Stories, of other people’s experiences, strength, and hope, inspire me. We are surrounded by gifts daily that God uses to inspire us — it comes in all shapes and sizes — and because we are uniquely created, what might inspire one…
…may not inspire another.
When we hear the powerful word inspire, I would guess, for most of us our thoughts assume it’s positive. But, that is not always the case, we can be inspired negatively as well. We can be “inspired” to wrong thinking and wrong action. It is important for us to intentionally feed our lives and our minds with things that renew, encourage, and fulfill us moving toward what is good. It is crucial for us to surround ourselves with people who build us up.
“…whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable–if anything is excellent or praiseworthy–think about such things.” Philippians 4:8
Question: What are sources in your life that INSPIRE you? Are YOU a source of inspiration to others? Share your comment by clicking here.
Let US be a source of INSPIRATION in your life — ATTEND – The Refine Conference — September 21st and 22nd, Minneapolis, MN
Have you checked it out?
Are you planning on attending?
Did you get your ticket?
Get all the details HERE